Sir Ed Hilary lived a life of risk, adventure and service. The sense of exhilaration and achievement must have carried Sir Ed on to greater things. He has left a powerful legacy, which will be passed from one generation to another.
In a interview, he made these statements:
- The Book of Joshua is a Book of adventure. We read of Israel’s journey, as they entered into unknown territory, under the inspiring leadership of Joshua.
- Joshua’s ministry was one characterised by inspiring leadership, his faith in God’s Word rather than the limitation of human reasoning. He led out of divine revelation.
- Joshua was encouraged by God to build the discipline of regular devotion and to keep Godly confidence and courage.
- Joshua, even though around 80 years of age when he took over from Moses, was used by God to unite a younger generation to take ground prophetically promised to their fathers.
- Joshua was used by God to take ground held by the enemy, so the children of God could claim their inheritance.
- Joshua had to let go of the Moses years, so he could possess new ground.